Im buying a iMac

want to take it up to 2G Ram

who would be best to go to for ram

any known issues with any?

are they all the "same" ???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The old memory question... Comes up every few months in some forum or another.

I have had good experiences all around. Never had a single problem with Crucial but you'll pay a bit more. (I want to add an extra GB yo my G5, so I think I'll head over to crucial.com now!)

I've received bad memory from MEMORY2GO once, but they were very prompt and helpful. Got replacement memory pronto.

YMMV

At the end of the day, I think about the hassle and disruption if there's any problems, etc. I don't mind paying an extra $20 to ensure a hassle-free and quality experience. Others may prefer to save $20.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I bought generic RAM from OWC and it was supposed to be CL2 RAM and my computer reads it as CL3.

I am going to send it back for Techworks brand RAM, but now my computer will only have 64 Mb until I get the exchange. I suggested that I just purchase the Techworks RAm now and after I receive it I would install it and then send back the generic RAM and they could just give me a refund.

They said they couldnt do it that way because the only way they can ring up a refund is by taking off a 15% restocking fee. I think thats ridiculous, but at least I can exchange the RAM.

Personally, I would avoid all generic RAM. Crucial is probably the best choice out there.