.Mac Storage For Mail and iDisk now 250 MB

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Nice upgrade!

I think we have Google to thank for getting the ball rolling and raising the bar for online storage.

I was planning to renew anyway, but this makes it extra good.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    You need to go into your account preferences and adjust the storage so that your iDisk doesn't get stuck at 125MB. I kept mine at 220 / 30 (email) for my usage.

Also, I had to delete my local copy of the iDisk and make a new one for the disk size to sync properly. Despite the dialog boxes that pop-up claiming to do something intelligent to fix your iDisk size, it doesn't work. Maybe Virex is messing with it, but BLEH!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I just investigated further...

To start, your storage is set at 125 MB for each. However, if you access your account settings on the .Mac website, you can adjust the split between the two. I just changed mine so that I have 200 MB on the iDisk and 50 MB for email
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Does the 10 Mb attachment limit apply to using POP clients, as well (Entourage, Mail, etc)?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Yes. But all corporate mail boxes set a limit of 3MB on email attachments.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

You need to go into your account preferences and adjust the storage so that your iDisk doesn't get stuck at 125MB. I kept mine at 220 / 30 (email) for my usage.

Also, I had to delete my local copy of the iDisk and make a new one for the disk size to sync properly. Despite the dialog boxes that pop-up claiming to do something intelligent to fix your iDisk size, it doesn't work. Maybe Virex is messing with it, but BLEH!

I am a newbir to Mac (2weeks)

How do you delete your current iDisk and create a new one to correct the new limits? Thanks
  • Reply 6 of 7
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by durhampirate

I am a newbir to Mac (2weeks)

How do you delete your current iDisk and create a new one to correct the new limits? Thanks

Open System Preferences and click on .Mac. Go to the iDisk pane and uncheck "Create a local copy of your iDisk". Click on the .Mac selector ( I don't know why, but it the only way I could get the dialog to appear) and select "Turn of local iDisk". Check the "Create a local copy of your iDisk" box again and create a new copy. My old one was saved as a disk image which I trashed after the rebuild.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    thanks! it worked