Bug in Real Player 10 "Gold": cutoff inital few secs!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
After reading the security advisories about secruity-related bugs in Real Player I did download the new Version 10. It's no longer dubbed a beta but "gold". Compared to the 9.x version I thingk there is some kind of a bug:

Streaming media has the first 1 or 2 seconds cut off!

I can listen to Radion and TV online but I I do not get to hear the initial seconds, e. g. the very first headline for a news broadcast.

Reverting to RealOne Player 9 (download from archive at Real) will bring the initial few seconds back! Anyone else confirming this bug!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 4
    Don't use products by Real! I don't visit sites that force me to use Real Player.

BTW, anyone know of a good news site that uses QuickTime for video?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    A site I visit uses either real or wmv.. real is so much better than wmv it isnt funny, i suggested to them to use qt.h264 when it comes out... *crosses fingers*

p.s. I just tried the new version, been running 10b for ages and no dramas with the site I usually stream
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

Don't use products by Real! I don't visit sites that force me to use Real Player.

BTW, anyone know of a good news site that uses QuickTime for video?

Thanks for that educated comment. It really answers my question to the point!