Someone with Both Mac and WIndows...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I need to know if a certain page is rendering correctly in IE on the PC, it is right on all browsers on my Mac, but I don't have access to a PC to verify a potential problem...

If someone could please look around my site and make sure that it looks the same on both platforms I would really appreciate it!!

Prestige Photo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Nitpick: I would put "click picture to enter" underneath the picture that you're supposed to click, rather than under the graphic that you're not supposed to click.

Edit: Or just make the entire rectangle clickable, and say "click to enter".
  • Reply 2 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    yeah, that's my only nitpick, too.

(Not using a PC)

Basically, I'd say that everything will look identical, as long as you have your DOCTYPE tag in the first line.

If your CSS is screwing up, look into conditional comments. They work well, especially when you're dealing with complex layouts in IE5.5 or lower.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    thanks...I do have the doctype tag on the page in question, which is the Wedding packages page. I have heard that particular page renders differently on the PC side, where the graphic is at the bottom...Though I don't know if that was just due to some settings this particular person had or if it is Windows-wide.

I had the click picture to enter prior to adding the logo, so I do see the nitpick now, just an oversight on my part. Thanks though!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Read Dave Hyatt's blog on how IE handles CSS incorrectly. Firefox and Safari should both work well.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    well, it appears that both firefox and netscape are having issues with my site as well, though not the same issues as IE. Safari everything works fine except for the graphic on the wedding page that IE renders incorrectly, but since most people use IE, I had to go with that, so in Safari, you don't even see a graphic. In firefox and Netscape, they don't even recognize the CSS on all the pages except the wedding page, so there is no graphic and no background color. Not sure why they have issues and Safari sees it just fine, I do understand the IE has CSS issues, but this other stuff is ridiculous....