Apple Stock: kicking ass

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know why it has been rising like a ball of gas, but I don't care why. I have a bunch of Apple stock that I've been grooming for a sale, and I think I'm going to sell at 50, or whereabouts. Of course, Apple often ends up jumping-up really high, but 50 is my current alert-point.

That should be enough to buy me a Powerbook G5. . .

And an RX-8.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I don't know why it has been rising like a ball of gas, but I don't care why. I have a bunch of Apple stock that I've been grooming for a sale, and I think I'm going to sell at 50, or whereabouts. Of course, Apple often ends up jumping-up really high, but 50 is my current alert-point.

That should be enough to buy me a Powerbook G5. . .

And an RX-8.

i too am ready to unload my stock when the time is right. it sucks that the stock has fallen a dollar today, but it'll get better. i'm hoping to buy a really nice video camera with my stock money (like an XL-2 or something).
  • Reply 2 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I saw this coming two years ago, but no my parents won't let me trade stock...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    how much stock did you buy and at what price did you buy in at?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by imac600mhz

I bought 200 at $20. Kinda regret not picking it up at $10, but oh well. I think I'm going to cash after this quarter financials.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I'll sell when I have enough to buy that new shiny red Ducati...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by imac600mhz

100@23. thats all i could afford at the time.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    About 700 at $14 but sold most of it when it doubled. :-(

only got 300 shares left.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I learned a long time ago to buy options when it comes to AAPL. 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, 7 year, doesn't really matter...as long as there's decent volume and open interest...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I saw this coming two years ago, but no my parents won't let me trade stock...

Buy your own stock. If they won't let you, then it's because they are too lazy to set up a custodial account. If you're smart (and a little lucky), start with 1000 at age 16, and spend an hour a day on research, you should have 100,000 by age 21, in today's market. That's a damn nice nest egg to have, let me tell you.

I did pretty well with buying biotech in the late 90's. It's all about timing. Most tech went down, but market consolidation over the past two years has resulted in hostile takeovers, and overvalued checks coming in the mail.

Anyway, I have 1000 shares of Apple, bought at $14. The hardest part is always selling them, rather than hoping for them to go higher. You just have to pull the trigger. With Apple alone, one could make a fortune buying and selling, if one were so inclined, due to its fairly predictable -- and extremely reliable -- cyclical rise and fall.