RSS Aggregators

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi everybody. I have been lurking for a while now and you all have been a great help on a number of occasions. I switched about six months ago and still find myself in awe of this OS every couple of days.

I was wondering what RSS aggregators you guys use and what what the differences are between different ones. It seems like there are a ton of them available.

I don't know much about this stuff yet, but I like the idea, especially the podcasting bit.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Nobody?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Haven't quite gotten into the whole RSS thing yet.

An article over at MacDevCenter highlights some prominent ones for OS X, I think highlights the differences. May be of help to you.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/ma...06/15/rss.html
  • Reply 3 of 7
    That O'Reilly article is pretty good.

I use Shrook. It's somewhat ugly, but it's computer synchronisation and central database features are amazing (except when their MySQL database crashes, about once a month on average).

Other options include:

NetNewsWire (probably the most popular choice), and PulpFiction (the most æsthetically pleasing), both of which have free "lite" versions.

And, of course, there are more.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    check out newsfire. it's still in the early stages but good enough for daily use.

it looks better than any other client too.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Perfect. That article was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    another vote for NewsFire -- a really nice RSS reader
  • Reply 7 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I think that Safari RSS can't come soon enough. That and Tiger's dashboard.