good things come to those who wait?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Class leading innovative design? Check

Best operating system available? Check

Clear and concise marketing strategy? Check

Extremely loyal and dedicated customer base? Check

Production and sales? Euuhh well, hang in there, we are working on that one and hope to get it right some day. But in the mean time thanks for your order and we will get back to you.

Why can Apple never get the final part of their sales right? You would have thought that after the supply problems with the previous iMac, the iPod cock up, production issues with the G5 (and numerous more) some people in the Apple organisation would have had their backsides severely kicked. But no, once more Apple are letting customers down once the orders are coming in. Apple know they have got a very loyal customer base who won?t defect to other manufacturers and that is the only reason why they get away with it and it stinks big time.

This is the first Mac I have bought and it certainly does not instil a lot of confidence.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Which machine are you talking about?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

Which machine are you talking about?

20inch Imac g5, 1Gb memory, bluetooth module, airport extreme card, wireless keyboard and mouse.

As on the order confirmation which I have pinned next to the Dell on my desk in eager anticipation.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Hang in there!

It's all about supply and demand... there is a hell of a lot of people waiting on a new iMac and BTO iMacs take a little longer.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by MiMac

Hang in there!

It's all about supply and demand... there is a hell of a lot of people waiting on a new iMac and BTO iMacs take a little longer.

I know, just got my hopes built up a bit too much I guess. It probably is a bit like asking for a bike for christmas, running downstairs on christmas day and finding out that santa had forgot to slide it down the chimney. If you catch my drift.

Why am I getting so excited about waiting for a computer anyway, never got in a state like this when waiting for my Dell
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rolypoly

Why am I getting so excited about waiting for a computer anyway, never got in a state like this when waiting for my Dell

Because... it's an Apple
  • Reply 6 of 8
    just phoned apple again and the new date i was given on monday has come and gone. They still can't deliver, they can't even give me a new date apart from "sometime in the beginning of November"!

Thanks Apple, it really is a case of where did my computer go!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Apple used to get stuck with HUGE inventories of computers and equipment largely because they had such low demand for them. The problem here is a more recent phenomenon -- but is almost 7 years old -- where their computers are in such high demand that they can't ramp up production enough. Part of it has to do with their specialized designs, easpeicaloly early in production, something Dell doesn't have to deal with. Part of it has to do with the fact that they're relatively low-volume compared to big corporate box makers like Dell or HP. Part of it seems to be chronic, and I think that Apple would rather be short in supply than glutted with product so they lowball their production estimates.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Apple used to get stuck with HUGE inventories of computers and equipment largely because they had such low demand for them. The problem here is a more recent phenomenon -- but is almost 7 years old -- where their computers are in such high demand that they can't ramp up production enough. Part of it has to do with their specialized designs, easpeicaloly early in production, something Dell doesn't have to deal with. Part of it has to do with the fact that they're relatively low-volume compared to big corporate box makers like Dell or HP. Part of it seems to be chronic, and I think that Apple would rather be short in supply than glutted with product so they lowball their production estimates.

I understand that delays are inevitable and that they need to find a fine balance between production stock holding and shipping, but this second delay is very inconvenient.

I ordered this computer to arrive at the start of term time to be able to do my coursework on as it is simply impossible to finish graphics projects during lecture time. The fact that it will now be delivered "some time November" will be a serious set back as I will have to make do with the allocated time during college opening hours as well as holding down a full time job.

I guess a good work out in the gym should help me get rid of the frustrations of not getting my mac