Not impressed with the imac video card!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have to say I'm not impressed with the video performance on the new iMac. I just bought two for work thinking it they would be fine for content creation on Dreamweaver and Zend. Thing jerks alot when resizing windows, plus I notice when there is alot elements on screen my CPU goes to shitt. If 2D sucks on these I would hate to see a 3D game. Anyone else have any comments, 64mb is a joke.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    We've been bitching about the video card since the ThinkSecret rumors long before the iMac was released.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    How much memory do you have in these iMacs?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

I have to say I'm not impressed with the video performance on the new iMac. I just bought two for work thinking it they would be fine for content creation on Dreamweaver and Zend. Thing jerks alot when resizing windows, plus I notice when there is alot elements on screen my CPU goes to shitt. If 2D sucks on these I would hate to see a 3D game. Anyone else have any comments, 64mb is a joke.

I think it's extremely unlikely that the 2D performance of the iMac's video card is causing what you are experiencing, how much RAM do you have in those machines?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    1 gig of mem. Any suggestions how to make this faster. It's really jerky, reminds me of 10.1 on a iBook 500.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    bitemymacbitemymac Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:

1 gig of mem. Any suggestions how to make this faster. It's really jerky, reminds me of 10.1 on a iBook 500.

make changes in the energy saver mode.....to fastest from auto.

and wait for 10.3.6 upgrade......
  • Reply 6 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

So it reminds you of an iBook 500 with 10.1 and you think it's the hardware? That's logic for you