Tomorrow's iPod

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
tomorrows iPod will be black colored and feature U2's newiest album preloaded. I've already seen one, and they look nicer than I thought a black iPod would look.

Just FYI :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    does it have any other U2 markings on it?
  • Reply 2 of 21
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Not on the face. I wasn't allowed to "touch it" I didn't actually see the back, but was told that this model was the standard back. Somewhere down the line some people had seem them with the bands signature engraved (U2) on the back. So I'm not sure which one is the release one ...
  • Reply 3 of 21
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Paint it Black! Should have been a Stones special edition iPod...
  • Reply 4 of 21
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Is this press televised where we're going to see everything...or do I have to read an article about it?
  • Reply 5 of 21
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

tomorrows iPod will be? feature U2's newiest album preloaded. ?

I thought myself about pre-loaded iPods (would be easy to do in an Apple store).

BUT!:

the next sync with iTunes, it's all gone?- ;-)

needs some kind of 4.6.1. (16)
  • Reply 6 of 21
    No live webcast indicaed on the Apple site.... but there could be a Quicktime download later in the day. Check the Apple site tomorrow afternoon.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

No live webcast indicaed on the Apple site.... but there could be a Quicktime download later in the day. Check the Apple site tomorrow afternoon.

I bet there will be live text coverage like there was at the Euro-iTMS introduction. Haven't looked around the usual suspects' websites yet - maybe someone here already knows more...
  • Reply 8 of 21
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

tomorrows iPod will be black colored and feature U2's newiest album preloaded. I've already seen one, and they look nicer than I thought a black iPod would look.

Was the form factor a regular iPod or iPod mini?

Also, was the click wheel still all white or was that black too?
  • Reply 9 of 21
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

I thought myself about pre-loaded iPods (would be easy to do in an Apple store).

BUT!:

the next sync with iTunes, it's all gone?- ;-)

needs some kind of 4.6.1. (16)

itunes can already handle that id imagine since the Duke iPods came preloaded.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

itunes can already handle that id imagine since the Duke iPods came preloaded.

That content had no DRM.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

That content had no DRM.

How does the transfer of iTMS content from one to another authorized PC/Mac work? Can you burn a (data) CD/DVD and transfer the files, then import them into iTunes at the other computer and authorize it? I'd really like to use my iPod for this kind of transfer.

I think that DRM is not the problem here, but iTunes' inability to import from your iPod when synching.

This just led to another question: How do you get content recorded via VoiceRecorder/iTalk from your iPod onto your Mac/PC? Does it create a new folder as it does for calenders and contacts that you sync with iSync or copy yourself via the Finder/Explorer? Or does it handle these recordings as songs?
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:

We'll see if you're right at 1 PM EST.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    I'm right. You'll see in a few hours. Enjoy everyone!
  • Reply 14 of 21
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Thanks captain obvious.

The sun will set tonight.

I'm right. You'll see in a few hours.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

*Sniff* *Sniff* Is that BS I smell?

Did you forget to mention the red click wheel?

Did Apple decide not to pre-load U2's new album?

Quote:

• Reply 16 of 21
    Already ordered my iPod Photo...can't wait till it gets here, although Apple is saying 1-2 weeks. Also, battery life was bumped up to 15 hours? I think it must have a larger battery since it's a little thicker.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Did Apple decide not to pre-load U2's new album?

Actually, the new album is pre-loaded, look at the Apple site. That's why it doesn't start shipping until 3 weeks.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Originally posted by s_sarinana

Actually, the new album is pre-loaded, look at the Apple site. That's why it doesn't start shipping until 3 weeks.

Where does it show that? I see no evidence that it is on there.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    How am I not right? Lol, I didn't know about the photo iPod being released so soon. However the photo iPod chipset can play video it's disabled though. Hopefully somebody will find a hack for it when it's released ;-)
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Actually, you get $50 off the entire collection which includes the new album.