Beta testing for Apple

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was wondering, does Apple have a site where Mac users can sign up to do some sort of beta testing for Apple? For example, Microsoft has a site (http://beta.microsoft.com) where Window users can sign up to do some sort of beta testing for Microsoft. Or does Apple strictly beta test with only the developer population, employees and trusted third parties?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    They need to, but I haven't heard of anything like that. \
  • Reply 2 of 8
    i know a guy that writes firmware for apple that gets pre-release products for testing. or at least the imac g5.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Apple seeds almost exclusively to developers, and for significant upgrades most of the seeds go to carefully selected locations.

Oh... and it is Mac not MAC. Mac is short for Macintosh and MAC is an acronym for Machine Access Control (address). There is a MAC address for every ethernet card, and mis-using the acronym can lead to a lot of confusion.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Beta testing for Microsoft...

...shiver...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

Oh... and it is Mac not MAC. Mac is short for Macintosh and MAC is an acronym for Machine Access Control (address). There is a MAC address for every ethernet card, and mis-using the acronym can lead to a lot of confusion.

so...you are telling me that Macs have MACS thet help them talk to other Macs with MACs...and mac servers have 2 MACs...can we call that the mac cubed...

ok...no more puns...

WAIT A MINUTE... WINDOWS USES MACs...THAT IS FREAKY!

• Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

WAIT A MINUTE... WINDOWS USES MACs...THAT IS FREAKY!

I always wondered why we had a MAC address for the PCs. I thought it was incase a Mac came on the network (well it has now) and it uses that address instead of the IP or something...

Thanks for that Karl.
  • Reply 8 of 8