Thoughts on Limewire?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with limewire? I'm hesitant to try it with all the law suits and such, wondering if I'm just being paranoid or not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    An estimated 60 million Americans have used P2P software, and the RIAA has so far filed 4280 lawsuits. In other news, there are 194 million licensed drivers in the US, and 42,185 of them died in motor vehicle accidents in 2002 alone.

Copyright infringement is wrong.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Screw the RIAA.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    if yer gonna take the plunge at least use other apps like Xfactor and/or Acquisition. Same things (basically) but one nags you to pay while the other doesn't.

Also, seeing that you're on your way to hell, give Bittorent a spin.

• Reply 4 of 17
    yeah, bittorent is probably my favorite app for getting....legal...files...not...pirating...music, or other stuff, and yeah, i really like it
  • Reply 5 of 17
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    I'm looking for one song, through sharing, not pirating, good to hear of these other programs.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Aquisition is your friend.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

I'm looking for one song, through sharing, not pirating, good to hear of these other programs.

If you only looking for one song, try iTMS it's only 99¢ for the song, or are you so poor you can't afford that (but can afford $30+ for Internet/month)?

I buy Music not steal it.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    I checked iTMS and they don't have it. And I don't want to buy the entire album, just want the one song.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Meeces

Aren't charing and pirating one and the same?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Speaking of Bittorrent which is what I started using a few weeks ago...

Is downloading TV SHOWS like C.S.I. in violation of any copyright infringment?

That's all I download is tv shows.

And I always use iTunes.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by His Dudeness

Speaking of Bittorrent which is what I started using a few weeks ago...

Is downloading TV SHOWS like C.S.I. in violation of any copyright infringment?

That's all I download is tv shows.

And I always use iTunes.

It all depends on what laws you choose to use to justify your actions. There is no definite right or wrong on this subject for now.

My Morality tells me that if the show is released on DVD, they want people to buy, rather than download it.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Well, CSI New York isn't available on DVD. I figure if you can tape it from CBS onto VHS, you can download it from a bittorrent site. I guess that's the same thing.

Anyway, I second that "screw the RIAA" thing.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I prefer poisoned anyway. For legal downloading of copyright free material.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Copyright infringement is wrong.

Fair use is great.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Fair use is great.

Amen.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Want a truly powerful no-hassle downloading utility? Check out easynews.com

Pro's:

1 - Incredibly fast servers that are guaranteed to max out your bandwidth (in download speed, there is no uploading)

2 - 99 % of movies/games/apps released to the web in the last month are available within 24/hrs of there release (often faster)

3 - Hosted files mean no problems with users going offline halfway through your download

Cons: It costs $1 per gig, welp theres no such thing as a free lunch, you knew the above stuff was too good to be true without a catch, but I think its worth it. One gig is ten music albums plus a movie, for a dollar!

check-it out!

also for mac software see torrentskickass.com great mac-only community, if anyone needs an invite lemme know.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    thanks BB, didnt know aboot that