What does this mean for Democrats?

Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider edited January 2014
Assuming Bush wins, which is a reasonable assumption at this point, what is the Democratic party going to do?

Republicans will have the House, Senate, Presidency and with that Presidency will come the Conservative Supreme Court Justices.

That last spot is the one place Democrats can make a stand, but with the blacks eyes these last couple of electins have given them as far as losing representation, is blocking justice nominations a path they want to walk down?

I would like to have an open and honest discussion about where there are to go from here. So if you're hard core right wing and the best thing you can come up with is "they're screwed", please get lost.

Comments

• scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    The talking heads on TeeVee say that some of the exit polling indicates that "values" was high on the minds of people exiting the polls. I guess that doesn't favor Kerry. I'll let others figure out why or why not?
  • gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    If I were in the Democratic Party, I'd just step down and watch what they did. Believe me, NOT saying anything while they temporarily screw up the country and kill more than 1,100 men and women by sending them to harms ways, would be more effective then 2 years of campaigning on behalf of Democrats.

Some people vote for Bush just because they think that they should give a second chance to a guy that is being accused by the other party of this and that. That is a significant amount of votes that could go to the Democrats if they just, simply, let them f...k things up.
    And here is why Democrats just don't get it and will lose time and again to a lack luster republican candidate.
  • rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Some people vote for Bush just because they think that they should give a second chance to a guy that is being accused by the other party of this and that. That is a significant amount of votes that could go to the Democrats if they just, simply, let them f...k things up.

Perhaps. But there is also a large number of people currently voting Kerry not because they favor him or Democratic Politics, rather they just want Bush out. Democrats can just as easily lose those votes as they could gain the ones you speak of.
  • neoneo Posts: 271member
    The Democrats....

...they'll regroup and come up with another attack strategy, but at least they won't be going by their 40-year old playbook...
    After Clinton they went right back to the 40 year play book. Democrats have no new ideas and refuse to change.
    And the new ideas you speak of would be, "God hates Gays", and "We'll smoke 'em out"?

dang...
    Quote:

And the new ideas you speak of would be, "God hates Gays", and "We'll smoke 'em out"?

dang...

that wasn't new...

...i mean it was in the Bible

good try though
    Quote:

dang...

I can't tell you what the new ideas are because the democrats don't have any. Other than tax more and pay for more social welfare programs. Maybe they should call it the "New Deal". Yea that's catchy!
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I can't tell you what the new ideas are because the democrats don't have any. Other than tax more and pay for more social welfare programs. Maybe they should call it the "New Deal". Yea that's catchy!

You claim to have new ideas. I'm asking about your new ideas, of course, apart from "God hates gays", "We'll smoke 'em out", and the best of all "they hate our freedom...." (ooh, i remember the best of the best...), "we went to war, to catch this guy, after all, he once tried to kill my father..." (Bush claiming that Saddam tried to kill GHB.)

hmmmmmm... re-read the Bible Neo; I think you read it with the medieval mind.
    No I said the democrats don't have new ideas. Unless you know if some I haven't heard about.
    And I'm saying what your (Republican) new ideas.
    Quote:

And I'm saying what your (Republican) new ideas.

This thread is about democrats.
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

This thread is about democrats.

Sure it is, but you claim they don't have new ideas, which means you do. I don't believe you do, so I want to be sure you do.

Anyway, don't answer. I already got my answer.
    Quote:

Sure it is, but you claim they don't have new ideas, which means you do. I don't believe you do, so I want to be sure you do.

Anyway, don't answer. I already got my answer.

Don't tell me you got it from Dan Rather...
  • rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    So much for intelligent discussion.

Another bicker thread. God knows we don't have enough of those. Scott, I asked for ideas for their future, not analysis of the present...
  • northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,459member
    Round up the fags.

Bomb another Godless country.

Order up another round of tax cuts.
  • bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Can't do much about voter fraud.
  • jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    What does it mean? Hmmmm:

1. The People do not agree with your vision for America.

2. 51% of people are Bush voters... 3 million more than Kerry.

3. Of those with the opportunity to speak on the issue, 75% or so do not want gay marriage.

4: Dem's LOST seats in both houses of the US Congress.

5: The BS didn't work. Michael Moore included.

6: You have FOUR more years of Bush and two more years of Republican congressional control.

Shall I go on?

8)
  • groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Hopefully they realize that doing things like stabbing people like Howard Dean in the back is a bad idea.

The Democratic Party can go straight to hell for all I care (and for all I've cared since before the 2000 election).

Idiots.