iBook Gaming? ... Anyone?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi Guys, I?m mostly a PC gamer but I have always admired Mac?s. Just a couple of days ago I decided to finally buy a 12 inch iBook 1.2ghz g4, 60gb hard drive, and 1280mb?s of ram. I know this is not a gaming machine but I?m still quite curious what other people are playing on their iBook?s, and how successful are iBooks at playing games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I?m also wanting to play the upcoming Worlds of Warcraft on my iBook as well, but as I said before, I know nothing of how well these computers game. Any comments guys?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Hmmm...WoW might or might not run well on the iBook, but it will at least launch. I'd say 20FPS in mid-crowded outdoor areas.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Looks like WoW is out for the ibooks (too bad).

It requires 512 ram, 1 Ghz G4, where the ibook is ok, but 64 of VRAM, where the ibook doesn't cut it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    That makes me a sad panda... Im guessing it will not even launch without 64MB video memory? I looked into Star Wars: KOTOR, and I am pretty sure i shouldent have any problems playing it, but im still curious how well these things game...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I know someone who ran WoW on a 1.2ghz iBook, they were doing the beta testing they said it was pretty smooth when all settings were on low.