Awards graft: Billboard, iTunes & Rhapsody

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Billboard names Rhapsody "Best Downloadable or Subscription Music Service" over iTunes, while Steve gets "Innovator of the Year" and Apple gets "Brand of the Year". Unbelievable. I've never, EVER seen a single review that calls Rhapsody better than iTunes, unless it's from a WMA moron who's never owned an iPod. It's obvious Real paid for this endorsement.

Now we'll have to get used to Real advertisements proclaiming their victory over iTunes. Idiocy. And the uninformed masses will swallow it.

Let's work together to put Real (and Billboard) out of business once and for all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Billboard names Rhapsody "Best Downloadable or Subscription Music Service" over iTunes, while Steve gets "Innovator of the Year" and Apple gets "Brand of the Year". Unbelievable. I've never, EVER seen a single review that calls Rhapsody better than iTunes, unless it's from a WMA moron who's never owned an iPod. It's obvious Real paid for this endorsement.

Now we'll have to get used to Real advertisements proclaiming their victory over iTunes. Idiocy. And the uninformed masses will swallow it.

Let's work together to put Real (and Billboard) out of business once and for all.

Maybe they were basing it off of the subscription model which Apple does not have. It would be kind of cool to have all of the music at your fingertips, especially with AirPort Express connected to your stereo.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Yeah I agree, but then it's a nicer feeling to actually know that you own the music and can burn it to a CD whenever you want or move it to your iPod.

Mike
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I know there is something out there like this already, but what if you could download all the music you wanted to your iPod and everytime you synced your iPod it made sure you still had an account. If not it deleted the songs and if so it does nothing to them. Granted if you download all of the songs you want then you can kepp them as long as you do not sync your iPod, but I would think a small number of people would do that.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 4 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Pfffft! Like anyone with a vote understands any of this stuff, or even needs to. It's just another awards show, another excuse to name-drop and get artificial bragging rights. They just drew names out of a hat and prepared the press releases. I mean, if the Grammy's don't have a clue, what change does Billboard/RIAA have?