Pover book 867 VS 1g

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
is there a huge diffrence between the 867MHZ power book and the 1GHZ? Any one have a 867?

-AG

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by agallant

is there a huge diffrence between the 867MHZ power book and the 1GHZ? Any one have a 867?

-AG

yeah, i've got a 867 12" and the 1Ghz has these improvements

mini DVI

usb 2.0

faster memory

more memory 256 MB built in vs. 128 MB

the 1Ghz and 1.33GHz are pretty much the same...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    So would you say that your 867 is about as fast as a 1ghz?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

So would you say that your 867 is about as fast as a 1ghz?

If you're talking about the 12"PB 867Mhz (revA) and the 12"PB 1Ghz (revB), don't bother about the speed, bother about heat.

Because the revA has an older type of processor it get's really hot. Scarry.

So if you can, get the 1Ghz.

Or get the 1.33Ghz, because that one also has more videomemory and standard airport extreme...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Nope the 15" with 1mb l3 cash
  • Reply 5 of 8
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Nope the 15" with 1mb l3 cash

ti

I don't know.

According the specs it shouldn't mather much except for harddrive and possible superdrive.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I have had a 867, 1GHz, and 1.33GHz PB's (Don't ask) I just sold my 1.33GHz today and am back to the 867MHz and don't notice too much difference other than heat.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I went with the 867 powerbook. I bumped the RAM up to 768 and it works better than my 933 Ibook. I am happy that i did not go and spend 2K on a new powerbook.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    The 867 really does run hot, surprisingly so. I'm tempted to sell mine, and buy one of the new iBooks to replace it... would get me more powerful or equivalent features, a cooler unit and a case that doesn't scratch so easily. :/