some dog owners: i don't understand people

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
a few weeks ago when i was working out, someone left their dog in ther suv. all the windows were shut. it was cool overcast fall day (no sun) but this just didn't seem right to me. no fresh air?

then the other day i say a lady walking her dog. she was walking really fast. i saw her dog try to take a pee but she just kept walking

i don't understand people

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The second offense doesn't seem nearly as bad as the first. Leaving your dog in the car like that is dangerous. People should plan better. Even if they left the window open a crack, it's still a bad pace to leave your dog.

As for the peeing thing, I've had to drag my sister's dog around because he wanted to pee on everything -- you know, mark his territory. Also, a lot of dog owners have a designated area where they let their dogs take a whiz. I don't know the exact circumstances, but I don't like it myself when people let their dogs pee wherever they want.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

As for the peeing thing, I've had to drag my sister's dog around because he wanted to pee on everything -- you know, mark his territory. Also, a lot of dog owners have a designated area where they let their dogs take a whiz. I don't know the exact circumstances, but I don't like it myself when people let their dogs pee wherever they want.

i thought that may be true, i'm not a dog owner so i didn't know. i can forgive the lady for that but the other thing is inexcusable in any weather conditions
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I don't understand people that keep dogs cooped up in a house. A house dog is a sad, sad thing.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    A friend of mine is a vet for the RSPCA (oops, that's the royal society for the prevention of cruelty to animals ). She gets to go to big events where people seem to think it's clever to take their dogs but leave them in cars. She goes round with a hammer to smash the windows to get the dogs out- and there's nothing that the idiots can do about it. It's only a small part of her job but it's the one she enjoys the most. The worst offenders seem to be the horsey types who go to horsey events in 4x4 s, hopefully it's an expensive lesson for them to learn.