IPOD Question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am currently looking to buy a Ipod mini which will be my first mp3 player but i am afraid that this is a bad time to purchase one cuz the next generation ipod mini might be released soon.

Do you guys think i should wait???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    wait
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by imagohp

I am currently looking to buy a Ipod mini which will be my first mp3 player but i am afraid that this is a bad time to purchase one cuz the next generation ipod mini might be released soon.

Do you guys think i should wait???

My advice when it comes to anything computery, is to to wait as long as you can (everything develops at such a pace that there's always something new just around the corner) unless what's available now fulfils your needs.

How big is your music collection? If it's near 4 gigs, it's probably worth waiting. If it's a lot smaller (say, 1 - 2 gigs) and not growing quickly, or a lot bigger, an upgrade to 5 or 6 gig for the iPod mini wouldn't actually make that much difference to you. Having said that, the current mini might get cheaper, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Rumors, and mind you they're just that, say that the current iPod mini (note spelling and punctuation ) will come down in price to $199 in February and a slightly larger capacity mini (perhaps 6 GB) will be available at the current price of $249. However, be aware that in the tech business products change all the time and if you decide to wait....... and wait...... and wait, you'll wind up never being satisfied or buying anyting. Buy when you want something. If it is good enough at that particular time, it will be good enough for years to come.