ibook revisions

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Do you guys think there is any chance the ibooks might be cosmetically revised in january, at MWSF, even after this update they just had?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    nope
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    "Cosmetically", you mean in how they look? I wouldn't expect a cosmetic change until at least July/Aug of next year (just before school starts) and possibly not even then. And the change would be minimal. This is one of Apple's most successful products ever.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    the iBook hasnt changed at all in about three or four years...its symbolic and the basis of the consumer design...im thinking no...not ever...well not until they get a G6 in there...muhahahaha
  • Reply 4 of 7
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    April, if at all. I think they're just right except I'd suggest a rough exterior instead of shiny, to hide scratches.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ok, thanks a lot for the replys guys. It's just that, I'm deffinately going to get an apple laptop soon, and it will be my first apple product ever, so I'm really excited. But, I heard that the current ibook design is already several years old, so I didn't want to go for the ibook for Christmas and then find out they're going to drastically change the aesthetics of it. That's intense that they don't want to improve on it... could use bigger speakers for starts... but whatever, its the hottest laptop I've ever seen so.. . But, anyways, I think I'm going to make the plunge then, thanks a ton guys; wish me luck .
  • Reply 6 of 7
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sarkazma

ok, thanks a lot for the replys guys. It's just that, I'm deffinately going to get an apple laptop soon, and it will be my first apple product ever, so I'm really excited. But, I heard that the current ibook design is already several years old, so I didn't want to go for the ibook for Christmas and then find out they're going to drastically change the aesthetics of it. That's intense that they don't want to improve on it... could use bigger speakers for starts... but whatever, its the hottest laptop I've ever seen so.. . But, anyways, I think I'm going to make the plunge then, thanks a ton guys; wish me luck .

If you need an iBook, why not buy one now? Can't beat the price of the 12" models, and they are pretty darn sexy. Conversely, I think the 14" iBook is hideous...

My point is that it is easy to get constantly stuck in the cycle of waiting for the next big thing. If you need a new laptop in the iBook's pricerange, buy it now.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sarkazma

ok, thanks a lot for the replys guys. It's just that, I'm deffinately going to get an apple laptop soon, and it will be my first apple product ever, so I'm really excited. But, I heard that the current ibook design is already several years old, so I didn't want to go for the ibook for Christmas and then find out they're going to drastically change the aesthetics of it.

As others have mentioned you should let need guide your buying decision. If you really need it go for a iBook today! If this purcahse is not guided by pressing need then there amy be a good argument to hold off for a bit.

The hold off is not for a revised iBook ( expect the next iBook revsion around Tigers release) but to give you a look at the new PowerBooks which I expect early next year. The low end PowerBook could remain the same or get a significant upgrade. This probally depends on what sort of CPU hardware is available for the machine.

Quote:

That's intense that they don't want to improve on it... could use bigger speakers for starts... but whatever, its the hottest laptop I've ever seen so.. .

The replies that having you believing that Apple doesn't want to improve on the iBook are very misleading to say the least. The fact that the machines got a minor speed bump and little else pretty much indicates to me that Apple will be revising the machines significantly on the next go around. The problem Apple has is that they do not have the hardware yet to make a compelling change to the machine. So like the nieghborhood stripper, they just work with what they got.

Quote:

But, anyways, I think I'm going to make the plunge then, thanks a ton guys; wish me luck

Yep just realize that computer always get better, it is the biggest problem with buying hardware. For me though I'd rather spend my money on others for Christmas and see how the bank account is after Janurary. In a way getting into the spirit of Christmas may very well set you up to see what happens with Apple in Janurary. Of course if you are on the recieving end of this gift then be greedy and go for the BOOK.