What Kind Of Recordable DVDs?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am clueless when it comes to the various DVD formats. I can't tell from my G5's owner's manual what kind of burn once DVDs I should get to work with my SuperDrive. Or does it matter?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tuttle

I am clueless when it comes to the various DVD formats. I can't tell from my G5's owner's manual what kind of burn once DVDs I should get to work with my SuperDrive. Or does it matter?

i would reccomend either verbatim or memorex dvd-r's. i have had great luck with compatibility with both brands. no matter what the brand, make sure they're -R's and NOT +R's/
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i would reccomend either verbatim or memorex dvd-r's. i have had great luck with compatibility with both brands. no matter what the brand, make sure they're -R's and NOT +R's/

Ok, thanks for the info.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Most of the burners Apple supplies support +R anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    If price is no concern, go with Apple (Maxell OEM). Next favorite would be Verbatim (Mitsubishi Chemicals OEM). Fujifilm (specifically the ones marked made in Japan = Taiyo Yuden OEM) is also decent. If you're looking for cheaper media, you can't easily beat Ridata (Ritek) 8x DVD-Rs from Amazon without resorting to shady stores like Super Media Store and Meritline.