Word's Double-Sided Printing Problem?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just recently got my Canon ip4000 which allows double-sided printing. However, I can't use the great feature for Word because the double-sided printing selection is greyed out for some reason. This printer was on my home computer for a little bit to test things out and it double printed fine, but it seems to not be an option on my powerbook's office mac 2004.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iShawn

I just recently got my Canon ip4000 which allows double-sided printing. However, I can't use the great feature for Word because the double-sided printing selection is greyed out for some reason. This printer was on my home computer for a little bit to test things out and it double printed fine, but it seems to not be an option on my powerbook's office mac 2004.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried it in any other app?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Beyond the layout screen (which seems inaccessible) is a drop-down list called duplex printing and you need to select automatic duplex printing and it will automatically reset it to print both sides. Didn't know this but they could redo the print setup dialog so that two-sided printing is not on there, for it is redundant. Easy fix. But Canon's tech support was very easy and fast response.

PROBLEM SOLVED!