Bluetooth hardware

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My bluetooth hardware on my G4 1.25 Powerbook has gone missing. It was present until recently, and working with my wireless mouse, but has now disappeared both from the system profiler, and from the taskbar at the top of the screen.

I have: rebooted the PMU, PRAM, and repaired the Disk permissions. I have taken out the battery, waited, and put it back in again.

What should I do now to get it back? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    When you open System Preferences do you not see a Bluetooth icon in the hardware section? Can you turn on Bluetooth? If not it might be broken. You'll need to call Apple support.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    No, I do not see a bluetooth symbol anymore in my system preferences.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yokoo

My bluetooth hardware on my G4 1.25 Powerbook has gone missing. It was present until recently

Shouldn't leave wireless doodads out in the open.

--B
  • Reply 4 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Try this for getting bluetooth back into the System Preferences. Open this file:

HD>System>Library>PreferencesPanes>Bluetooth.prefp ane

You'll then know what's going on, if it refuses to go back it means the hardware isn't found.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Thank you for your help. I am directed to my system prefs panel, and there is still no bluetooth option found. I think I better take my laptop to the apple store, but I find it bizarre that a bluetooth module should break - I thought they were pretty robust.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yokoo

Thank you for your help. I am directed to my system prefs panel, and there is still no bluetooth option found. I think I better take my laptop to the apple store, but I find it bizarre that a bluetooth module should break - I thought they were pretty robust.

No problem, i can;t understand it either. I use an external bluetooth connector so know if anything goes wrong. Ollie