The Incredibles is well...incredible

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
top notch, elements of James Bond, Star Wars. i smell a sequel.

I also think cars is going to be good, that tow truck is hilarious

what other movies does pixar have on the horizon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

what other movies does pixar have on the horizon?

Ratatouille
  • Reply 2 of 6
    What is it with animators and rodents?

They are vile disgusting creatures who poop in your pantry, and breed in your walls. But people who make cartoons seem to think them wondrous.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

What is it with animators and rodents?

They are vile disgusting creatures who poop in your pantry, and breed in your walls. But people who make cartoons seem to think them wondrous.

Blame Walt.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I saw it today. Hum... not quite the knock out I was hoping for, but a step in the right direction. I'm torn between my like for the Dreamworks style, and the 'gee whiz they make this look easy'ness of the Pixar films.

Yeah, I suppose I'll end up buying the DVD, but the ending was a bit predictable. I didn't see all the imagery the first poster reported but I did see a good ammount of forshadowing.

B+ movie IMHO. I'd like to have seen a bit more scenery development. Some of it felt very animated, and the character proportions could stand to learn from other animated flix. Plot was pretty linear, few twists, not much unexpected. Effects were nice, fire appeared VERY real. Physics obviously still had some hiccups, as some objects didn't seem to be effected by gravity the same way. A car for instance didn't sag on it's shocks.

On the plus side, good voice talents though.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I enjoyed it quite a bit.

One of the reasons I look forward to a Pixar release, is the short subject that accompanies the feature. They tend to be demonstration pieces of some new technology or approach. The one with "Incredibles" ("Boundin'"?) seemed to be a demonstration of some new 3D/depth of field work...at least that's what I took from it. Very nice.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Yeah, I suppose I'll end up buying the DVD, but the ending was a bit predictable. I didn't see all the imagery the first poster reported but I did see a good ammount of forshadowing.

There were plenty of excellent references to superhero/secret agent/sci fi movies. In particular it did an excellent job of playing on b grade sci fi themes.

The production quality was very high, all of the characters are well realised ( graphically ), etc etc.

But somehow, it just wasnt as good as any of Pixars other films. I still need some time to think about it. But my current feeling is that the characters lacked the depth that is present in the other films. There is quite a lot of action, and perhaps it is the time lost in these sequences that previous films have used to great effect filling out the characters.

It focuses too much on the super powers, and not the people behind them????