will the 867 will be noisier than the 667

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
there is a thread over at Macnn.com saying that the 867 will be noisier than the 667? is this true or just speculation?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    IMHO - Don't get caught up in the hype. In real world use, you will barely see a difference between the 667 & 867. Unless you are using the machine very intesively for photoshop work, etc.. I wouldn't recommend the switch. If you use the machine very heavily, go with the 1GHZ machine, no less. Just my 2 cents. I have the tibook 800 and had an opportunity to sell it to get enough to buy the 1ghz machine. It just isn't worth the switch yet. I will wait another year to year 1/2.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    yes I do do alot of heavyweight photoshop and Flash scripting

Will this help and be better in 867 as opposed to 667
  • Reply 3 of 9
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by kittylitterdesign:

<strong>yes I do do alot of heavyweight photoshop and Flash scripting

Will this help and be better in 867 as opposed to 667</strong><hr></blockquote>

Either get the 1ghz or not at all is what he was saying.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I'm sorry kittylitter, what happened to February?

[ 11-18-2002: Message edited by: off/lang ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 9
    yep - Febraury is still gonna happen - I bet ya this is an Xmas stop gap - feb will see a better spec
  • Reply 6 of 9
    any thoughts on this noise issue?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    The only answer I have is based on the same type of speculation, and it is that the both of the new models are quieter and cooler than the models they replace, due to the new internal structure of the books. Sorry I cannot be more help, I say buy whatever you can afford, I am sure the 867 is a beast, but the big difference is the 1ghz comes with a gig of ram for $40 bucks rather than 512 in the 867mhz (saves a couple hundred bucks at least), and 64mb VRAM.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    The 1ghz has similar noise characteristics to my 500. The fan may actually be a bit quieter, especially if you hit it with some wd40.

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    dvddvd Posts: 45member
    the 667 tibook is loud? for me it isnt.