iphoto images won't drag & drop

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Recently, I've discovered I can't drag images to newly-created specific albums. The individual images will highlite but will not let me drag and drop. Anyone have a solution or reason for this? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    If they are large image files, then you have to wait for iPhoto to respond...You click and drag to a folder, leave it there for a few seconds, you will see a beachball, then it will respond somewhere between 5-10 seconds normally. This is why I cannot stand iPhoto...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

If they are large image files, then you have to wait for iPhoto to respond...You click and drag to a folder, leave it there for a few seconds, you will see a beachball, then it will respond somewhere between 5-10 seconds normally. This is why I cannot stand iPhoto...

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I expected too much instant gratification. I try it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    There used to be an issue with iPhoto caused by disabling Helvetica, one side effect of which was the total failure of drag-and-drop. Try searching Apple Support discussions.

Click here to get the general notion of the issue.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

There used to be an issue with iPhoto caused by disabling Helvetica, one side effect of which was the total failure of drag-and-drop. Try searching Apple Support discussions.

Click here to get the general notion of the issue.

Thanks for the tip. i check it out.