How often do you loose your connection on your BT mouse?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have lost connection several times now, about once every other day, since I have recieved my new iMac. Is this normal? The computer and mouse are about 12" apart.

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I haven't had that problem with my Apple BT mouse and my PowerBook. I've had problems with the computer registering the mouse when i had turned it off, but this is rare.

Perhaps your mouse is just putting itself to sleep. IS it hard to reactivate it?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    have you updated the firmware on the mouse? I have both the bt keyboard and mouse by apple for my powerbook and I never lose connections, except when I run out of batteries. Should visit apple about that one...\
  • Reply 3 of 4
    with all current software and firware, i lose my mouse once every couple weeks. not really a big deal. a simple log out (shift+apple+Q with just the keyboard) fixes the problem. i never lose my keyboard.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I have only lost my Keyboard once. I will be working away iwth my mouse and then it will just stop working and the lost connection thing comes up on the screen. go figure. I have the latest firmware updates. I did that the second day I had this beast.

I am not to worried about it. I will say I like the one button moust a lot better than a two button one. It is easier on my hand ( I have carpel tunnel). Which means more work with less pain.

Eric