Firefox compatability

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hey, I can't load the forum threads up using Firefox. Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing this? Also, what's with the AMD ads on a mac community forum??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    imeime Posts: 40member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

Hey, I can't load the forum threads up using Firefox. Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing this? Also, what's with the AMD ads on a mac community forum??

I am running Firefox 1.0 on a PC as I type this, so no I don't have the same problem as you. You are running on a Mac though, right?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    I've noticed that often the page will turn WHITE and "loading..." will appear. I think it is one of the ads that is screwing up firefox.

if I close the browser and try again, it works. It's hit and miss.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Noticed the same here... have had to reload on these forums many times with Firefox to get it to load.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    that's because of the ads. adblocker might help you, but not guaranteed.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    A certain ad on here causes this problem with all Mozilla based browsers. Whatever ad does it should be banished.

Nick
  • Reply 6 of 8
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

A certain ad on here causes this problem with all Mozilla based browsers. Whatever ad does it should be banished.

Agreed. It looks like it's probably bad JavaScript in some ad, because when I turn JavaScript off, the problem goes away.

Of course, that creates new problems, like, oh, all JavaScript functionality being dead, so it's a less-than-ideal solution.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tak1108

I've noticed that often the page will turn WHITE and "loading..." will appear. I think it is one of the ads that is screwing up firefox.

if I close the browser and try again, it works. It's hit and miss.

same here on xp home and pro under firefox 1.0 and the latest version of Mozilla too, doesnt happen on IE and there are some M$ ads on here... 'nuff said
  • Reply 8 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Agreed. It looks like it's probably bad JavaScript in some ad, because when I turn JavaScript off, the problem goes away.

But when I turn javascript off, half of the websites that i frequent do not work...that is like saying "to fix (x) problem, just stop rendering html" it is irrational, too many nasty side effects

I am sure that the AI geeks can fix the bug, the whole M$ thing above was a joke