earplugs that don't fell off

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Can anyone suggest a good substitute earplugs/headphones for ipod when you work out?

The ones come with ipod is fine when walking or doing milder execises but they do fell out of my ears when I run.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I have used the Sony MDR-EX71SL headphones before, and they stay in your ear pretty well. This is because they come with three sizes of ear bud covers, and sit right in the inner ear. This also makes the sound quality excellent - they are the best sounding in ear headphones I have ever had. They look sort of similar to Apples upgrade headphones, so if you really want white, you might want to look at those.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

...They look sort of similar to Apples upgrade headphones, so if you really want white, you might want to look at those.

I've got the Sony ones too, but I've heard the Apple earphones arn't as good... Also I'm pretty sure you can get the Sony ones in white too... at least you can here in Japan. They also come in blue and red.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Is price a concern?

E5c from SHURE will stay in until they are painfully ripped out of your ear because they are in it, and wrap around. ($500...they are that way because they are the best for sound quality though)

I used the ER6i from Etymotic and they stay in well...they plug in your ear well, and they are so light that they stay in so well.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    The sonys are the best I have the black ones ($40) mentioned above and also have newer white ones (higher model) and they sound even better ($50).

Macaddict16
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by sasori390

Can anyone suggest a good substitute earplugs/headphones for ipod when you work out?

The ones come with ipod is fine when walking or doing milder execises but they do fell out of my ears when I run.

You can try the sony sports line for running and the gym(well, that's what they're made for!), they're sweat resistant and open ear so you can hear cars and cyclists - you can find them at best buy and target...

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...es_StreetStyle
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I had the exact same problem when running on my treadmill. The iPod's included earbuds would continuously fall out. In-ear headphones are not the best for running IMO. If you accidentally tug on the cord they will fall out easier than a headset will come off. Also, because they are inserted into your ear canal, if the wire is touched, rubbed, etc., you will hear a disturbance in your music. I opted for the Sennheiser PX200's. Fairly comfortable with amazing sound quality. They're somewhat hard to find in stores so I ended up ordering them from outwardsound.com and have had no problems. Plus they're collapsable and come with a hard case so you don't have to worry about them breaking or taking up to much space in a gym bag. As a side note, do not buy the PXC250s. They're the same phones with added noise cancellation which adds a bulky battery pack. No good for exercise, not to mention roughly $80 more expensive.

PS - Can't connect to outwardsound's website but you can find them elsewhere. They cost me under $60 and were well worth it. Check them out at Sennheiser's site. (They are much smaller than they appear to be in photos).

Edit: You can check out some user opinions/reviews here on cNet.com. Looks like most online dealers are selling them for about $50 now.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Is price a concern?

E5c from SHURE will stay in until they are painfully ripped out of your ear because they are in it, and wrap around. ($500...they are that way because they are the best for sound quality though)

I used the ER6i from Etymotic and they stay in well...they plug in your ear well, and they are so light that they stay in so well.

I found them for $350. I currently use the B&O headphones, and they work real well so long as I am not wearing my glasses, then they are a little uncomfortable.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    i've heard tons of complaints about apple's earbuds, but i've never had problems with them. i think a lot of people just have them in backwards (yes, there is a backwards). but to each his own.... /my1cent
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

I found them for $350. I currently use the B&O headphones, and they work real well so long as I am not wearing my glasses, then they are a little uncomfortable.

I always thnk the B&O headphones look a little big. I like the Sonys as they fit nice and comfortably in my ears. The B&O ones look a bit chunky and circular, similar size to the iPod headphones. Is this the case?