fontagent pro problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've installed FontAgent Pro after uninstalling Suitcase X and for some reason there are still problems with fonts not working properly in Photoshop.

Also my G5 takes like 3 minutes to boot up now.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Either clearing out Suitcase from places I don't know about or something I can fix in FontAgent. I'm still a beginning Mac user.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    which version are you using? The latest is 2.1.2. Also, what are your settings in FAP preferences??
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I'm using a registered version (not trial) FontAgent 2.1.2. I think the problem may be that Suitcase is not uninstalled all the way since I get a message box in IllustratorCS & InDesign CS that the Suitcase plug-in could not be found.

The only thing I have checked in preferences is enable auto-activation.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    You'd better search your HD for anything extensis and suitcase related and carefully delete this. I normally to that like this: delete files movie

After that install the plugins that come with Font Agent (Indesign, Photoshop etc) and you should be OK! Btw, FAP has auto-activation for all cocoa applications,
  • Reply 4 of 7
    First of all thanks for that video, I feel like an idiot for not actually searching for those other files. When I moved to a Mac my teacher told me all I had to do was delete the application and it was gone. He forgot to mention all those preference files and stuff.

I removed all the Suitcase stuff but FontAgent still wasn't working, so I figured the install was probably flawed since I still had parts of Suitcase on my computer. After deleting and reinstalling FontAgent, it works in all apps and my machine boots up in 20 seconds instead of 5 mins.

Thanks again.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    My pleasure - glad it all works again and that you like Font Agent. With regards to removing applications. It normally goes the way you described, except that Suitcase is not a normal application, so removing other files is essential. Since Panther it's so easy to find these files that this is now my normal way or deleting applications.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Suitcase is evil, very evil!

• Reply 7 of 7
    it's not all that bad, it's just that FAP is an altogether better application.