Backup software?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm an old time PC user and am getting pretty paranoid of not having a good back up software for my newly acquired iMac G5.

I'd like to be able to make an image of the hard drive on DVDs and keep them in case of disaster. I also have a USB 2.0/Firewire external drive which I could use for this purpose if I have to... Since the prices for hard drives have dropped so drastically, I can always pickup a new hard drive just for this purpose.

Can anyone recommend a good backup software for OS X? It would be great if the software could do full images (backup and restore), partial (incremental) backup and selective restore to external devices and the SuperDrive.

Thanks,

-- Mehdi ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mehdimehdi Posts: 42member
    I just realized this was posted to the wrong forum... Sorry about that.

Can moderator please lock this thread?

Thanks!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by mehdi

I'm an old time PC user and am getting pretty paranoid of not having a good back up software for my newly acquired iMac G5.

Can anyone recommend a good backup software for OS X? It would be great if the software could do full images (backup and restore), partial (incremental) backup and selective restore to external devices and the SuperDrive.

Why don`t you just create a copy of your most important files (eg. entire documents folder) by dragging them over to an external hd? For this purpose i simply don't get the need of a devoted backup utility.

If you were asking for a dedicated backup solution which keeps your folders

synchronized on different computers, i'd strongly recommend Intego, - "Personal Backup X", this is the one you should look for. A charm to configure even for Backup newbies, as i am, though