Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse used for 2 Computers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm looking to get the wireless keyboard and mouse, but am not sure exactly how it works. I have two computers, a mac and pc, and I want to have a single keyboard and mouse to use for both of them because of limited space.

How does the detection work, can I set it up to easily switch between the two computers quickly, with like a shortcut? If I type or move the mouse will it do the same thing on both systems at the same time-- I don't want this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Is it the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, because I don't think that the wireless keyboard is PC compatible, so I wouldn't think there would be a problem...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    If you had multiple Macs, you could use the wonderful teleport, which works fantastically with the Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. I control my iBook and iMac DV SE from one Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard.

For PCs, I have yet to hear of a way to do it.

Maybe ask the above shareware author, but I suspect it's more complicated than he's able to fix.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    There is Synergy, which is like Teleport, but works between Mac, Windows, Linux, and other *nix systems.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks chych, damn that's awesome.