Removing Album Artwork in iTunes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
does anyone know how to remove the album artwork? its got to be a terrible waste of space on my iPod, and i'd like to comb through my songs and remove the artwork, but i fail to see any obvious way to do this. no luck in the help files, so i'm turning it over to you fine folks...

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

does anyone know how to remove the album artwork? its got to be a terrible waste of space on my iPod, and i'd like to comb through my songs and remove the artwork, but i fail to see any obvious way to do this. no luck in the help files, so i'm turning it over to you fine folks...

thanks

I did this only last night, and saved over 100mb on my ipod mini. The easy way is to select all the songs in the ipod library (make sure it is the ipod libary) and then file>get info and check the artwork box. Because its blank it will clear all the images on the selected songs.

It may take a while to process all the songs but it's still quicker than doing it manually.

enjoy
  • Reply 2 of 7
    well, i already went through every song manually, and i too saved over 100mb...i'll try the multiple song trick and hopefully that'll snag any i missed..
  • Reply 3 of 7
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trans9B

thanks

on the iPod photo you can tell it not to transfer pictures onto your iPod!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    hi i was adding artwork into my itunes and i wasn't concentrating does anyone know a way of removing artwork from a song in itunes cos i have put the wrong artwork in by accedent

ManyThanks
  • Reply 5 of 7
    On my 2G Nano, there's an option to not transfer album artwork. Perhaps you don't have this option?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    not on my ipod on itunes it's self you know you can drop them into the little window in the bottem left corner i put the wrong one in by mistake.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Get Info on the track and go to the Artwork tab and delete the Artwork you don't want.