try my new desktop scripting app, Sylvester

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Sylvester is a desktop scripting app. Think Konfabulator + Watson + Deskshade minus the cost and refinement. Right now there is only one tool, which is weather. (it uses NOAA weather station codes, which is a four letter code, )

Download Sylvester (dmg)

This is a first try, so please tell me if it is not working at all (I would no put it past it not to work.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Well... it works. Though it'd be nice to know how to script for it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Well... it works. Though it'd be nice to know how to script for it.

it uses applescript and you can script three parts: Some text, a foreground image, and a background image.

to set the text (one size now, sorry):

Code:

set contents of text field "destinyText" of window "myWindow" to "whatever you want the text to be"

to set a foreground image

Code:

set image scaling of image view "destinyImage" of window "myWindow" to scale proportionally

set image of image view "destinyImage" of window "myWindow" to load image "path to whatever image you want.png"

to set a background image:

Code:

set image scaling of image view "backerImage" of window "myWindow" to scale proportionally

set image of image view "backerImage" of window "myWindow" to load image "path to whatever image you want.png"

If you would like to help me improve this program, just 'mail me or message me.