Help needed with Avidemux install

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
A week ago, I knew nothing about using Terminal, Fink, X11 and whatnot, and now I feel I know even less, so if you could direct your answers at the lowest common UNIX using denominator, I'd be grateful.

Essentially I want to install Avidemux to unpack the bitstream in certain jerky XviDs that won't play on my set-top DVD player. There is no OSX application that can do this, so after a day or so reading around, I installed the Dev Tools, X11 + SDK, Fink and Fink Commander and got straight down to installing Avidemux (along with the 150 or so other things required, it took all day). The only thing is, the version that comes with Fink is incredibly out of date, so after some more web-searching, I managed to download the latest version of Avidemux via CVS, and have taken the following steps in Terminal:

cd ~/Avidemux

./configure.darwin --enable-altivec

make

and this is as far as I get:

Making all in ADM_video

if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/sw/include/gtk-2.0 -I/sw/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/sw/include/atk-1.0 -I/sw/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/sw/include/glib-2.0 -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -mabi=altivec -maltivec -faltivec -force_cpusubtype_ALL -I/sw/include -I/usr/include/malloc -I/sw/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE -I.. -IADM_library -I../ADM_library -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -mabi=altivec -maltivec -faltivec -force_cpusubtype_ALL -O1 -g3 -falign-loops=16 -MT ADM_vidFont.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/ADM_vidFont.Tpo" -c -o ADM_vidFont.o ADM_vidFont.cpp; \\

then mv -f ".deps/ADM_vidFont.Tpo" ".deps/ADM_vidFont.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/ADM_vidFont.Tpo"; exit 1; fi

ADM_vidFont.cpp: In member function `int ADMfont::fontDraw(char*, int, int,

int, int, int*)':

ADM_vidFont.cpp:183: error: `FT_KERNING_DEFAULT' undeclared (first use this

function)

ADM_vidFont.cpp:183: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

for each function it appears in.)

make[3]: *** [ADM_vidFont.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make: *** [all] Error 2

I would massively appreciate it if anyone can tell me what this means, and what a complete idiot can do about it to get this thing installed on my system so I can watch my movies without feeling I'm about to have a grand-mal seizure.

Cheers.