A little bug in OS X?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
go to the finder - with a few windows open, preferably one on top with a list of files in it.

Hit whatever key-command you use for Expose to push all the windows off to the edges of the screen.

now, click an useless item on the desktop and hit command+delete to put it in the trash

then shift+command+delete to trash hit and quickly hit enter TWICE

On my machine, I get the little filename editing highlight for a file in one of the finder windows that is off the screen.

I can then also use the arrow keys to select up and down on the list and manipulate other files in the window using key commands even though the window is offscreen.

The file is in the same spot that it would be if you Expose-d the windows back to their original positions.

Can someone else confirm?

And maybe confirm if it's fixed in Tiger.

G4 dual 867

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by cinder

go to the finder - with a few windows open, preferably one on top with a list of files in it.

Hit whatever key-command you use for Expose to push all the windows off to the edges of the screen.

now, click an useless item on the desktop and hit command+delete to put it in the trash

then shift+command+delete to trash hit and quickly hit enter TWICE

On my machine, I get the little filename editing highlight for a file in one of the finder windows that is off the screen.

I can then also use the arrow keys to select up and down on the list and manipulate other files in the window using key commands even though the window is offscreen.

The file is in the same spot that it would be if you Expose-d the windows back to their original positions.

Can someone else confirm?

And maybe confirm if it's fixed in Tiger.

G4 dual 867

who does those things anyway ....