iSync and Address Book

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok, I've just got a new Sony K700i phone. I was quote excited that this new phone had a full address book, unlike the T610, so that it could store the addresses as well as the telephone numbers from my Mac. However, inspite of the phone having the relevant fields (and inspite of it being a Sony - the make I understood to be most compatible with Macs) it doesn't sync the address section from my address books. Is this something wrong with my configuration or a flaw in iSync? If it's the latter when can we expect Apple to put this right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mpw_amherst

Ok, I've just got a new Sony K700i phone. I was quote excited that this new phone had a full address book, unlike the T610, so that it could store the addresses as well as the telephone numbers from my Mac. However, inspite of the phone having the relevant fields (and inspite of it being a Sony - the make I understood to be most compatible with Macs) it doesn't sync the address section from my address books. Is this something wrong with my configuration or a flaw in iSync? If it's the latter when can we expect Apple to put this right?

the compatibility list on Apple's web-site says what syncs and what doesn't.

Link

It says the sony ericsson phones sync the address book, but that might just be numbers. Phone Apple technical support, they'll know what's supposed to sync.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    hello,

you may want to check out the following forum: mac and se phones, which deals with all sony ericsson + mac issues.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=52690

to the poster earlier who assumed that because sony is a 50% owner of se and therefore macs are not supported: this is not good advise. macs and se mobile fones have the best record of compatibility. both of these companies (se and apple) see it to their best market share advantage to be very standards based and non-proprietary.

also, if you are already not doing so, open address book and make sure yr vCard fomat is 2.1 not 3.0.

• Reply 3 of 5
    I have a K700i and I have mine syncing over Bluetooth, both Address Book and iCal. It works fine and I have vCards set to 3.0..?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I have a K700i and I have mine syncing over Bluetooth, both Address Book and iCal. It works fine and I have vCards set to 3.0..?

But does it sync the address line? Mine only does the telephone numbers and email address. I've found that if I seleft all cards in address book and sync in address book it exports all fields, but not automatically through iSync.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by niji

to the poster earlier who assumed that because sony is a 50% owner of se and therefore macs are not supported: this is not good advise.

who said that?