Will there ever be upgrades?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
This version of vBulletin is what, 2+ years old? It seems like we've been stuck at 2.3.5 forever. When are we going to see upgrades? 3.0.3 is out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    They tried to upgrade once a long time ago. It didn't go well.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I'm still pushing for a switch to PHPbb. :-)

I know it will probably never happen
  • Reply 3 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I don't see a single problem with this setup, it's actually the best in theme and function of any forum that I regularly post on.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

This version of vBulletin is what, 2+ years old? It seems like we've been stuck at 2.3.5 forever. When are we going to see upgrades? 3.0.3 is out.

Yeah, vBulletin 3 only satisfied the most literal definition of "upgrade," as far as we could tell.

More fundamentally, as long as this version does what we want it to do, why upgrade? Upgrading this BB involves a fair amount of work; there's no reason to do it just to have done it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Yeah, vBulletin 3 only satisfied the most literal definition of "upgrade," as far as we could tell.

More fundamentally, as long as this version does what we want it to do, why upgrade? Upgrading this BB involves a fair amount of work; there's no reason to do it just to have done it.

I post on pHpBB and it's crap compared to this set-up. AppleInsider is the best forum I've ever seen. Very simple, and stylish.