Switcher in progress funny story. incl. S Jobes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello all,

First off, I know I have an e in his name where it should not be. It will not let me edit the title?

I am switcher in progress. I will be buying a 15 inch G4 PB after I see if anything is reved at MWSF.

I have been really getting excited about the switch. I will still use Windows for work and for some stuff like gaming. But my daily life will be on the Mac. I live in Palo Alto about 5 blocks from the Apple store. I have been poking around in there for a month and have liked what I see in the PB and OS X. The staff that has helped me has rated from useless to good. I spent my morning today getting up before 5 AM. I never do this. It was just the way it was today. I am off this week so I spent my morning reading various Apple related info here and there on the web. Later in the morning, I called an old friend that works in a store that specializes in Apple in San Jose. We chatted about MWSF and my upcoming switch to Apple. As the morning progressed, I desired food and a few movies for the afternoon and evening do nothing-athon. So I got dressed, strapped on my iPod and went for a walk. I live 2 blocks off University Ave. in Palo Alto. Just for the record, I rent. I get to the light at the corner and wait for it to change. Just as the light changes, I step off the curb and look across the street. I notice this guy listening to an ipod and coming right at me. I peg Steve Jobs right away. I reach into my pocket and palm my ipod. just as we cross at the center of the street. I lift up my right hand with the ipod and say "I love it." He looks me in the eye and smiles. During this exchange, I never broke stride or even attempted to stop him for a chat. The look on his face as he crossed the street was of a person that was enjoying a semi sunny and warm Northern California winters day grooving to his tunes. I know I was. Once I made it to the other side of the street, one of the two guys walking behind me said "was that Steve Jobs?" I looked back and said "yes."

So I figure that was the sign that I am to reach into my wallet and fork over my credit card. It will sting a bit, but I will pay it off the next day and also have 2500+ more miles on my mileage card. Tokyo here we come!!!!! Funny thing is, I grew up in Sunnyvale. I wish I would have crossed his path in a garage when I was 7 so I could sweep the floor and and get into Apple at a good time. LOL

It was a fun day!!!

Erik

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

So I got dressed, strapped on my iPod and went for a walk

See, it has sucked you in with its cunning halo effect. I was wondering where the 5 jokes were for a moment. Now I understand...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Editerik

I notice this guy listening to an ipod and coming right at me. I peg Steve Jobs right away.

You should have mugged him*. He was probably listening to a protoype 5G iPod.

You could have sold it for a small fortune on eBay.

*For those of you who are hard of thinking, I'm only joking about mugging Steve Jobs. I don't want to wake up to some Apple fanboy staddling me in bed and strangling me with their iPod earphones!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Editerik

Hello all,

First off, I know I have an e in his name where it should not be. It will not let me edit the title?

I am switcher in progress. I will be buying a 15 inch G4 PB after I see if anything is reved at MWSF.

I have been really getting excited about the switch. I will still use Windows for work and for some stuff like gaming. But my daily life will be on the Mac. I live in Palo Alto about 5 blocks from the Apple store. I have been poking around in there for a month and have liked what I see in the PB and OS X. The staff that has helped me has rated from useless to good. I spent my morning today getting up before 5 AM. I never do this. It was just the way it was today. I am off this week so I spent my morning reading various Apple related info here and there on the web. Later in the morning, I called an old friend that works in a store that specializes in Apple in San Jose. We chatted about MWSF and my upcoming switch to Apple. As the morning progressed, I desired food and a few movies for the afternoon and evening do nothing-athon. So I got dressed, strapped on my iPod and went for a walk. I live 2 blocks off University Ave. in Palo Alto. Just for the record, I rent. I get to the light at the corner and wait for it to change. Just as the light changes, I step off the curb and look across the street. I notice this guy listening to an ipod and coming right at me. I peg Steve Jobs right away. I reach into my pocket and palm my ipod. just as we cross at the center of the street. I lift up my right hand with the ipod and say "I love it." He looks me in the eye and smiles. During this exchange, I never broke stride or even attempted to stop him for a chat. The look on his face as he crossed the street was of a person that was enjoying a semi sunny and warm Northern California winters day grooving to his tunes. I know I was. Once I made it to the other side of the street, one of the two guys walking behind me said "was that Steve Jobs?" I looked back and said "yes."

So I figure that was the sign that I am to reach into my wallet and fork over my credit card. It will sting a bit, but I will pay it off the next day and also have 2500+ more miles on my mileage card. Tokyo here we come!!!!! Funny thing is, I grew up in Sunnyvale. I wish I would have crossed his path in a garage when I was 7 so I could sweep the floor and and get into Apple at a good time. LOL

It was a fun day!!!

Erik

What iPod was he using? Mini or regular or photo?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    "What iPod was he using? Mini or regular or photo?"

It was in his pocket. Maybe he was out doing real world tests on the product and went for a walk to see how it works? LOL

E