What's the big deal about PeopleSoft?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There has been all this talk about PeopleSoft, but I know nothing about it, what's the big deal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Eh, Oracle's taking over Peoplesoft?

http://news.com.com/Oracle+gains+con...3-5506148.html
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    but what does PeopleSoft do?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Have you tried reading a few pages at peoplesoft.com?

Databases for HR.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    peoplesoft is evil.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP's) is their game, and considered to one of the bigger fishes in the sea.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    skipjackskipjack Posts: 263member
    I worked for a company that used PeopleSoft, and then switched over to Oracle shortly before going bankrupt.

The PeopleSoft system seemed more flexible and was more easily able to accomodate custom configurations.

Oracle wouldn't let you do anything out of the "ordinary", which was difficult when configuring telephony equipment to be sent all over the world.

In my limited experience with manufacturing, I would guess that PeopleSoft would be preferred by workers while Oracle would be preferred by managers and accountants.

But perhaps it was just a difference in the way the two systems were set up.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    PeopleSoft makes a good product. Oracle makes a competing shitty product. Rather than buy PeopleSoft to adopt their software, Oracle bought PeopleSoft in order to bury it.