Does laser engraving smudge the ipod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
according to a sales rep for macmall, laser engravings smudge the ipod. i want to get an ipod engraved for a friend but i don't want it to look bad. does anyone have pictures of an engraved ipod?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

according to a sales rep for macmall, laser engravings smudge the ipod. i want to get an ipod engraved for a friend but i don't want it to look bad. does anyone have pictures of an engraved ipod?

I have an engraved ipod and it isn't smudged by the engraving.

Macmall can't sell you engraved ipods only apple can. Therefore my guess is that the salesman is BS ing you.

cheers.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Macmall can't sell you engraved ipods only apple can. Therefore my guess is that the salesman is BS ing you.

That's exactly it, some resellers become quite bitter and annoyed when they spend time answering questions, imparting knowledge and then the customer needs to buy it direct from Apple
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

I have an engraved ipod and it isn't smudged by the engraving.

cheers.

Well they do sell engraved ipods now and the only reason i want to buy from them is because of the no tax charged. Thanks for the info though! I guess I'll be ordering from them, unless someone knows of a cheaper place to get laser engraved iPods
  • Reply 4 of 4
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

No but everything else does.