How Best to Keep Track of Photos on Archive CDs?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know with Photoshop CS one can create a contact sheet (kind of like a table of contents) with thumbnail images to print and place in the CD case. But that can only show about 36 photos and I typically have several hundred on a CD. These are usually photos from a wedding shoot that I wish to archive.

Is there any way one can create a kind of table of contents of thumnail images (possible on several menu screens) on the CD itself? Any special software needed for this? Basically looking for a way to more readily find desired images in the future without renaming each one and navigating with thumbnails instead.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slackula

I know with Photoshop CS one can create a contact sheet (kind of like a table of contents) with thumbnail images to print and place in the CD case. But that can only show about 36 photos and I typically have several hundred on a CD. These are usually photos from a wedding shoot that I wish to archive.

Is there any way one can create a kind of table of contents of thumnail images (possible on several menu screens) on the CD itself? Any special software needed for this? Basically looking for a way to more readily find desired images in the future without renaming each one and navigating with thumbnails instead.

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

i don;t know any Apps but you could wait for tiger and use automator and a spreadsheet. Use automator to get the picture name, date etc. and thumbnail. Hope this helps.