Who's buying an X800 XT?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Once I get my PayPal account up and running, I'll be the first in line for one when they go on sale later this week. Not just gaming, but everything including the UI and webpage rendering will zip along infinitely faster than on my Geforce FX 5200. Can't wait.

Who else is waiting to get their hands on the fastest card on the Mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    When I hear what sort of fan noise it produces I might just switch but I want to hear other 30" users comments before I switch over since my 6800 Ultra DDL is sorta fine (Except for the little bit of noise).
  • Reply 2 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

When I hear what sort of fan noise it produces I might just switch but I want to hear other 30" users comments before I switch over since my 6800 Ultra DDL is sorta fine (Except for the little bit of noise).

It's been reported as being much quieter, except when you're actually booting up your computer.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

It's been reported as being much quieter, except when you're actually booting up your computer.

Thats alright then. It might be something for me to look at getting down the track. Right now, since my computer is a few days old it seems pointless to swap out cards just yet.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    I'm buying one when I get a G5 to put it in. Which won't be too long, I hope. Need ... new ... powermacs.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I expect I'll be getting one fairly soon after they become available if the exchange rate is reflected in the U.K price. Until then I'll muddle through with the FX 5200.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I've got one on pre-order from ATI's online atore as of 1/11, the day I first saw them listed.

Upgrading an original Dual 2.0 G5 from a 9800 Pro. Should get double the graphics performance, a (hopefully) quieter fan, and 30" display capability.... Sounds good to me.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    For people who haven't ordered yet: use code '1010' to get a $50 discount.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

For people who haven't ordered yet: use code '1010' to get a $50 discount.

THANKS Placebo !!!!!

I just placed my order on www.ati.com for the G5 version of the X800 and your $50 discount code "1010" work like a charm!

Thanks Buddy!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I thought about getting the X800 XT for my dual 2.0 G5 but ended up going w/ the Radeon 9800 Special Edition instead. Wasn't going to run a 30" Display even though playing on a a 30" was fun at macworld...

whoever decides to get a X800 XT, congrats! great looking card from what I saw in the presentations from ATI... what stopped me is the price...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

THANKS Placebo !!!!!

No prob.