Safari's pissing me off

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Alright so as I type this, safari's taking up 50% of both my 2.5GHz G5 CPUs.

Also, when I type in this box here, it takes a second for the text to show up.

are there any tricks I can use to make safari not as slow?

Oh, one more thing, sometimes safari puts weird artifacts into solid color gifs. Firefox displays them fine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

Alright so as I type this, safari's taking up 50% of both my 2.5GHz G5 CPUs.

Also, when I type in this box here, it takes a second for the text to show up.

are there any tricks I can use to make safari not as slow?

Oh, one more thing, sometimes safari puts weird artifacts into solid color gifs. Firefox displays them fine.

hmm... a second ago i was showing 8% usage in safari. i think the reason is all those animated gif's off to the left on this response screen. but who cares? we have some processing power to spare
  • Reply 2 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

hmm... a second ago i was showing 8% usage in safari. i think the reason is all those animated gif's off to the left on this response screen. but who cares? we have some processing power to spare

i don't and i do care. If we want to run a photoshop rendering in the background it will suffer from safari's poor performance.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mcsjgsmcsjgs Posts: 244member
    Mine is at 2% on a dual G4 making this post.

Edited: Spiked to 10.4 % when I pushed the submit button. Then back to almost zero. In loading ipodlounge.com, it shot up to 48% for about 2 seconds.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

i don't and i do care. If we want to run a photoshop rendering in the background it will suffer from safari's poor performance.

so use firefox when photoshop is rendering.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

so use firefox when photoshop is rendering.

Yeah this is an option but i sync my address books with iSync, I want to use Safari. I really like firefox, rss and the find facility are brilliant but I just want safari to run a little faster on my computer. Firefox isn't exactly a spped demon, it's flash that's the problem.