Any spare Pismo batteries out there?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm sitting watching TV and working on my Pismo in my living room the other day, and well before the battery was supposed to run out, the computer just shut off.

I tried to turn it back on...nothing. I've tried to charge it...nothing. When the battery is out of the laptop, I'll push the charge level button on it and...nothing.

So methinks the battery bought the farm. I haven't tried zapping the PRAM yet, but would that possibly work at all -- especially since the battery died in the middle of a remaining charge and won't show any level when it's out of the computer?

Does anyone here have an old Lombard or Pismo battery that you don't want anymore and would be willing to donate to your good buddy, CosmoNut? I'd be much obliged.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well you could try and find someone with a pismo that is still under warranty and then swap batteries with them so they can get a new battery for free

Cough cough... francis? hack..wheeze
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>well you could try and find someone with a pismo that is still under warranty and then swap batteries with them so they can get a new battery for free

Cough cough... francis? hack..wheeze</strong><hr></blockquote>

do the batteries not have specific serial numbers? If they do, swapping with someone else would not work, bcause apple would be able to tell that the battery in question is not the same one that was included with the original machine.

[ 12-19-2002: Message edited by: Cosmo ]</p>