800 iBook fan finally came on.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Well after many days of pure he!! I have finally gotten my iBook's fan to come on. Two straight hours of gaming with the thing on my lap (has anyone played the game giants?) and I heard a faint whinning sound. I peaked around my cube to make sure no one was sneaking up on me, like we do on Fridays, but finally figured out what it was. It is very quiet. Almost too quiet! Has anyone else had there fan come on with the new iBooks? I heard the Tibooks fans are extremely loud, but this little sucker is stealthy!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    My iBook's fan (800 MHz model) does not come on often, but it's usually when I'm playing Tony Hawk and it's lying flat on a desk. It sounds kinda like a hair dryer, but much quieter. Not as quiet as you say, though. It seems about as loud as the CD drive when spinning at medium speed. It's the hard drive that is really quiet... I never hear it spinning, though I get to hear it accessing all the time because I only have 128 MB of RAM so far...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I think the new Tibooks run very quiet when compared to the previous models. Mine (1ghz superdrive) runs virtually silent most of the time.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Eldios:

<strong>I think the new Tibooks run very quiet when compared to the previous models. Mine (1ghz superdrive) runs virtually silent most of the time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

WOW! It must be awsome, because my TiBook 800Mhz runs quietly *most* of time. Still gets warm tho.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Sorry Double post.

[ 12-22-2002: Message edited by: trevorM ]</p>