changing desktop icon sizes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
how do you change the size of the icons on the desktop, and how do you set it so the icon stay lined up instead of showing up in random places?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

how do you change the size of the icons on the desktop, and how do you set it so the icon stay lined up instead of showing up in random places?

click anywhere on your desktop to make shure that Finder is shown in the top left side of menu bar. click on view, then show view options... this gives you options to slide the icon size, and whether you can check "snap to grid" or "keep arranged by name", etc...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thanks, i eventually figured it out. ive done it before just bloody well forgot how. that should have been one of the first places to look.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I don't know why Apple doesn't just put this in the Finder preferences. Since this is a system-ish thing, an average user would look in the System Preferences and maybe in Finder Preferences. But the average person might not even realize the Finder is an app. I doubt they'ed look for something like this on the View menu. I've forotten about this too before.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spindler

I don't know why Apple doesn't just put this in the Finder preferences. Since this is a system-ish thing, an average user would look in the System Preferences and maybe in Finder Preferences. But the average person might not even realize the Finder is an app. I doubt they'ed look for something like this on the View menu. I've forotten about this too before.

It's not just system wide, it can apply to only the current window so has to be available from the window. If you are using Panther you can press the cog button "view Options" is at the bottom.