iPod cases question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm purchasing an iPod, and want to get a case for it. I'm really looking at the Contour iSee 40GB case right now; but I'm not totally sure. I read where they carry 3rd party iPod cases at the retail Apple stores. Does anyone know if they have a rather large selection? I'm a hands on kind of guy, so I'd like to visually see them right in front of me, in order to make up my mind. Are most of the ones showcased on the Apple store site, also available in the retail store? (And while speaking of cases, what about Powerbook cases? I'm looking at the Booq Vyper case. Has anyone seen this for sale in the Apple store? It might be an online through Booq only kind of thing. Just curious.) I appreciate all your help! Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I am not familiar with the Contour iSee, but I would recommend the iSkin evo. It is an amazing product and it keeps your iPod encased and safe. It comes with a screen protector, which has left my year old screen scratch free. It comes with a clip that is rather cheap, mine broke after a few months. They do carry them in the Apple retail stores or at www.iskin.com.

As for a Powerbook case, check out Timbuk2, they make the best and most padded cases on the market. Some of their stuff is made specifically for the Powerbook. They are also sold in the Apple retail stores, or go online and design your own bag.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Does anyone know if Contour Designs is planning on releasing an iSee case for the new 40 and 60 iPod Photos? Anyone heard anything? I'm surprised more cases aren't available for these yet? Has anyone ever emailed these companies and asked such questions? I'm just wondering if they'd actually answer you, or are sort of hush hush about it until they release the product. You can see the current versions here: http://www.contourdesign.com/isee/isee-20.html I think they're pretty gorgeous, myself. Nice and clean.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    OK, since Contour Designs is failing on me, what are people's thoughts on these two cases (if you happen to own either one?):

Power Support Crystal Jacket

http://www.powersupportusa.com/produ...ystal_case.php

or

Speck Flipstand

http://www.speckproducts.com/4g-flipstand.html

FUNNY thing is, NEITHER of them actually acknowledge that they work for the iPod Photo; BUT, if you choose the iPod Photo from their "select your iPod" images, these come up. So I wonder if they actually work? The iPod Photo's dimensions are: 4.1x0.75x2.4 while the Flipstand case is: 4.25x1.2x2.62 for example. Hmm...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    the crystal jacket doesn't really appeal to me, i like the look of the flipstand a lot more. that's just me though, i don't know for sure if either it better.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I have a Booq bag for my 17" powerbook and a Radtech sleeve for good measure. Between the Keyboard and the screen is a radtech sheet.

The booq is sturdy and comfortable and as such I have no complaints.

good luck.

• Reply 6 of 6
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Hay I have a really good iPod cover that I sell on ebay.

I mad one for myself, then a fiend wanted one, then another.. Anyway I have been selling them and saving the proffits for a 5g iPod

I will not say any more as I don't want to get "ADMIN RAGE" private msg me your e-mail and I will send you one COST price if you like.

j.