pre-Macworld: Better to know or not know rumors?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is it more fun to have no idea at all what Steve Jobs will announce so it's a big surprise or is it more fun to hear rumors along the way that you are pretty sure are true?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's definitely more fun to try to figure it out before it happens. The rumors are never that sure, so you never know exactly what's going to happen. I wouldn't expect anyone who hangs out on AppleInsider to say otherwise.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i voted in favor of ignorance! (i suspect that will be used against me in politicaloutsider someday)

anyway, i have to say that i think i would have been MORE excietd had i not known. i mean, the times i have been most interested/excited about apple products is when they come out of left-field, like airport express and emac were not even on the radar before they just popped up on apple.com one day.

okay, maybe throw out a rumor bone once in a while to us dogs, but don't open EVERY gift before christmas morning.

• Reply 3 of 3
    I think it is better to not know, but of course the wait is more painful when you have to sit there helplessly.

But imagine if we had not had any idea about the $499 Mac. It would have been a real bomb dropped on us.

Of course if there was no $499 Mac after we thought the rumor was true then we would have been incredibly frustrated too.