ATI Xclaim usb tv adapter

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone got this to work with OS X. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    It's an OS 9 only device. ATI never released OS X drivers, and likely never will.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ATI has been avoiding supporting this device under OS X since OS X shipped shortly after its release. He's right, I seriously doubt ATI will support it under X anytime soon. I suggest selling it and looking at another manufacturer. I waited a year and a half before selling my Rage 128 VR with tv adapter because ATI wouldn't write any drivers.

If you read their support site, they make it sound like it isn't their responsibility. They're as bad as Quark...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I read a long while back that Apple didn't suport video over USB under OS X. Is that true, or still true? Could that be the cause?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott:

<strong>I read a long while back that Apple didn't suport video over USB under OS X. Is that true, or still true? Could that be the cause?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope. The eyeTV supplies video over the USB connection, so that can't be it. I think ATI's just lazy.