PB keyboard cover - buy locally?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is there anywhere that I can buy a screen protector (keyboard cover) for my Powerbook locally? I know there are places online to order, but does Best Buy or Office Depot (or similar) stock those?

Jason

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    Yeah, I'd be interested in that too. Ordering online seems rather un-economical, as most resellers will ship via UPS, so shipping costs would be roughly the same as the cover itself.

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 2 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I've never understood why someone would pay upwards of $20 US for a hunk of leather, etc, for a keyboard cover.

I bought a small piece of material from a fabric store (found some with a cool pattern of Apples, in fact) for about a dollar, and cut it to size. Works perfectly.

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>I've never understood why someone would pay upwards of $20 US for a hunk of leather, etc, for a keyboard cover.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

MarWare has a neoprene one for $6.95, which seems fair enough to me. (For $20, I would a) not worry about the shipping charges that much and b) not even consider buying it in the first place.)

Right now, a slightly trimmed lint-free wipe does the job for me, but it's not exactly the neatest solution around, I guess.

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 4 of 5
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    A wonderful solution that I thought up was to just cut up a rectangle of clear PVC plastic sheeting measured to your keyboard--voila, a cheap, stylish keyboard protector. The stuff's pretty cheap and you can get it from a hardware store. If you want to make it look "genuine" , slap an Apple sticker on it. I use that for when my 'book is closed and in its bag, though; for when I use it, I often use the iSkin keyboard protector, another great product, IMHO.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    My old iBook CAME WITH a screen protector. It was a 1/16 thinck piect of foam sheet perfectly sized to fit in the book.

What were you all thinking when you threw that away as "packing materials" ?!?!

in any case, i threw it away as well... but luckilly these clamshells were built to be roughhoused and there is enough clearance between the screen and the keys that it doesn't matter. I have seen TiBooks though, who's screens were a mess from the keys rubbing it !