shuffle seems confusing?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
whoa.. i have been reading some of the reviews for the ipod shuffle lately. there is a light that blinks like 3 times when u put it on hold, and like yellow or blinks yellow on pause for a minute, and like a battery light in the back. and also like you cannot tell after a minute or two if it is on or off.. it seems like it isnt very user-centered.. there are alot of signals you have to look through and LEARN. this is not apple style! when i got my ipod G3 i took it right out of the box and i didnt have to look at the instruction booklet once. (except later on when i looked on how to turn it off and how to reset it) but i thought that the whole thing was that it is so easy to use and this sounds kinda confusing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Why don't you try one for yourself first.

Anything, even very simple things, can sound complicated if over-explained or if poorly explained.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    I thought the original iPod was confusing after I *READ* how to use it. After I put one in my hand, I had it mastered in a few minutes.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

I thought the original iPod was confusing after I *READ* how to use it. After I put one in my hand, I had it mastered in a few minutes.

this discussion reminded me of the PalmPilot... when i first tried using Grafitti, i was like how the hell is this thing so popular? ... then i was hooked :-)
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I'll be surprised if I ever look at the LED. The most sensible feedback for a music player is audible feedback -- this is pretty much the one device where you don't have to worry about how deaf people will use your interface. And what does it mean to be off or on? The thing is a solid state device, and unless it is playing music it probably draw virtually zero power (i.e. it is essentially off).
  • Reply 5 of 10
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I think you mean blind... unless you meant def as in fresh. Then that's an entirely different thing (thang).

word.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I think you mean blind... unless you meant def as in fresh. Then that's an entirely different thing (thang).

word.

No, I mean deaf. A deaf person doesn't need to be considered in the iPod's interface because a deaf person has no use for an iPod. A blind person certainly does as music is likely to be one of their biggest entertainments in life.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Programmer

... A blind person certainly does as music is likely to be one of their biggest entertainments in life.

word.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    word.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    For all we know, the light could be just decoration. ANyway, I doubt that memorizing the light patterns is very hard, there's probably three or four differnet ones. This is Apple, Remember?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Think Different

but Think!

If you can't master a series of blinking lights. Perhaps you are a windows user after all.

... after all Bill Gates couldn't operate a remote control.